Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day One

      morning! Sunshine and nearly 50 degrees! Wow what a difference 400 miles can make huh? Fist thing on the agenda is get the 5th wheel moved into a permanent location as we were in an over flow area the night before. We get it set up and it takes me over an hour to get it somewhat level. I say somewhat because I was more concerned with the broken window from the night before. Rain is in the forecast and there is a huge hole where there was once a window. All I could think about is the new carpet in our renovated RV getting wet. I call the local RV repair shop and he quotes me nearly $800.00 to replace the window! Are you kidding me? Dejected I talk to one of the maintenance fellas at the campground and he sends me to a local glass company. I explained the situation telling him that I can not afford glass and is there an option for Plexy?

      An hour or two later and after making a template of the opening with some cardboard, I order the plexy for less than $70.00. Sounds cheap right? Well when you now have less than $600 in the bank, every $70 adds up. I must say that I did a fine job of installing the plexy window, I still have to scribe and peel the excess silicone off the edges but that can wait for spring. true to the forecast it rained like hell all the next day including a thunderstorm that night. The new window never leaked a drop. Neither did we find any leaks anywhere else in the RV.

      I forgot to mention that amongst the things that the previous owner fixed or replaced, the furnace and hot water heater were not among them. I worked on that furnace for days with no relief. I have cleaned mud dobber and paper wasp nests out of this RV till I'm sick of it so I suspect there is something in the igniter chamber but I cant get to the bolts to get it out. We have a heating element in the roof air and propane for the oven and stove as well as space heaters so I may not mess with it till summer if then. The pilot in the hot water heater came apart in my hands today as I tried to clean it due to its inability to stay lit so that too is on hold until we have an income.

      Oh yea, as I write this I have had two job interviews and only one of them is worth the effort. It is a 25 mile a day one way trip for a little better than minimum wage and we are down to our last $40.00 and that has to go for gas. I think we have food to last us until then but our rent for this RV space will come due before then. I am at a loss for now as to what to do about it. We will soon be evicted from our camp site but at least I made sure that no one can take away our home ever again! Worse comes to worse I can pull it out of here and live in 12 volts and propane until the money starts flowing again. 

      If you think that this is the end of the story then you are sadly mistaken, The last few posts are just a scratch of the surface of the bull shit that we have gone through as well as what we are still experiencing. There are stories of lies at the work place, lies in the family, insanity both in the family and otherwise. The depths in which you relatives can sink to while you are trying to crawl out of hell amaze me still to this day! The indifference of members of certain predominantly mid western religions, including family members in that religion make me sick! That could be the subject of another separate blog as well but it deserves to be told in many places.

      I have no idea where we will go next if we fail to pay our rent here but it will be in this RV pulled by my truck and no one can take either from me! Mark my words! I will never own property again! Real estate that is. Never Never Never Again!

      Oh I have a job opportunity waiting but I can't start for another week and that puts my first pay check more than a week beyond the time our rent runs out. So I may be dry camping behind a McDonalds or something for two weeks praying for warm weather as I don't have two full tanks of propane.

"Living in a Camper Down By The River"! I never dreamed that a Chris Farley skit would ever come true in my life! Here we are!

Thanks Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.