Saturday, October 24, 2009

Beautiful Fall Saturday


It is Football Saturday! It is beautiful here today. Crisp cool temperatures, sunshine and trees bursting with color. I love fall.


Just some quick pics. Below is a pillow I made last year with felt, embroidery thread and fabric scraps. I wish now I had made a ruffle type edge around the pillow. I may take it apart and do it ....some ....day.....













Below is one of my afghans I finished this summer. Pepper loves it when I put something new on the bed, she has to test it out to see if it is up to her princess standards.


























Also, I saw this idea somewhere years ago. We have a corner in our counter top / cupboard area that is deep and so dark. I tried a lamp and it just didn't seem to fit. So I got a jar and put a strand of white Christmas lights in side. It is so cozy and adds just enough light. We enjoy it even more when night falls. I am going to make a simple fabric cover/lid, but right now it is just open.

I have some things to do before kickoff at 2:30. Tennessee is coming to Big Al's house in Tuscaloosa.
Roll Tide Roll!
Havea a great weekend,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. that afghan is beautiful , I can see your dog has good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! ROLL TIDE from Alabama. I followed your avatar here from Sharon's site.

    BIG game this Saturday. We are excited!

    I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.