Friday, October 23, 2009

God's Will and protection

I came across a post and the many great comments that followed this morning. (Link below) It caught my attention at a time that I most needed it. In the last several months the more I try to keep my faith and seek God's will the harder the devil seems to jump on me and in my mind causing me to doubt just about everything. I find it scary. I have been spending a lot of my quiet time with God in prayer focusing for him to help me get the devil out of my head and let me find the peace I know is there. Listening to the the enemy is such a waste of time and engery that could be used for good and generous thoughts and ideas. If you throw in behavior and thoughts that I am ashamed of.....no wonder the devil is knocking so much on the door to my mind.

I read several Psalms this morning and though by myself I read them out loud. Immediately the first Psalm hits my heart and tells me to trust and have courage. Psalm 27. Also Psalm 91 led me to remember God is holding me and protecing me.

I am sure someone may stumble onto my post today and think wow, this sure isn't a fun place to visit. No not fun today, but by just sharing I think is helping me already.

I think , no I know the last few weeks I have felt alone. More so than I ever have before. It is not the kind of lonely because you are by yourself or missing those you love. It a desolate type of alone I don't think I have truly experienced so stronly before.

But I know I am not alone......but.....I feel alone. I am sure I am not making any sense. But, just having God's word speak to me this morning has already picked me up some. I think I am in a very important lesson in my life......and like all life's lessons, I usually learn it the hard way. But if I didn't I don't think I would remember the lesson! James 1:2-4 tells us to count is all joy when we fall into various trials. I am trying....and will continue to keep on trying.

But I highly suggest you read the post I mentioned above. I will provide the link below.
If you stayed around reading to this last part, thank you for listening.

http://www.conversiondiary.com/2009/10/so-you-went-against-gods-will-now-what.html#

Take care,
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.