Friday, October 2, 2009

Faith, Fall and Football.

Wow Tim and I both fail miserably at this blogging situation. LOL I guess we see ourselves as too boring to write about.

I can't believe that summer is over. Fall is my favorite time of year. Today it was cool and very windy. I loved it. Tonight it feels like "football" weather. If you have to put on a sweater I think it is heavenly.

We have accomplished some major things with the remodeling and I just realized Tim's last post about that sink showed just how frustrated he was with the whole process. LOL I love, love my new counter top and sink. I need to do pictures! Trim is starting to go up and hopefully before I end up too old to enjoy my house it will be completed!

I think September was one of the hardest months for Tim and I since we moved here. Major lessons in keeping faith and also major moments of asking for forgiveness when we both failed at keeping our faith up and going. We both had a couple of pity parties. But one good thing is we were the only guest to each other's poor pitiful me parties.

This was the first time in a long time that I felt my faith was just all talk. Once the Lord brought me back around to see the big picture with a little less drama, I was then left with the feelings of shame that I let my faith shake and fall around me. Thank you Lord for your Grace and for picking us up and dusting us off with a loving shove to keep on going.

I have no doubt I will throw another pity party, but I just pray in the middle of it I remember who is really in charge. Only the Good Lord can do it and do it right the first time (even if to me I think I can do it better and faster.)....(If I was God I would get tired of me and all my stumbling.)

One really nice thing this past month......Alabama Football! Can I get a Roll Tide Roll!!!

Tim's family is learning that during a University of Alabama football game.....don't call unless you have cut an artery or a bone is portruding somewhere on your body. LOL

We don't mess around when it comes to Alabama football.......

I hope everyone is doing well and I also hope October is a good month. Who knows....Tim and I may actually blog on a regular basis.......

Take care,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone! I get the same way. I fret and worry and stew and then later when I look back and see how the Lord was with me and He worked it all out, I feel so ashamed that I wasn't more calm and I didn't have His joy that I should have no matter what. It is a constant learning leason!

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.