Monday, November 21, 2011

I didn't get to cook anything this past weekend, Kim was at a birthday party with my camera and at home it was a dreary, rainy weekend. I didn't move much from my recliner. I am however going to translate at least one pie recipe to modern English so I have something in hand when I go to my sisters on Thanksgiving. Am debating a chess pie or one called Ozark pie. I may make both since I am going to use ready made pie crusts. I am at least going to attempt to make my own crusts but with my job being a truck driver, I may not get home in time to get that done. Heck Pillsbury makes a better crust than me anyway, like I have time to bake pie crusts while driving a truck?

That is one of the worst things about driving a Semi for a living. All your time is spent on the road thinking about the things you want to do when you get home. Then when you get home you are beat down from the road and don't want to do a quarter of the things that you thought about. My wife used to not understand how I felt when I got home. Her mentality about it pretty much followed everyone's thoughts on it. " all you've done is sit in that drivers seat all week, how can you be worn out?" Then she rode in the truck with me for two weeks and experienced the road first hand. The idiot drivers, the rough roads, weather, long hours of all the above and so much more. Plus there is the motion factor. have you ever been out on a boat all day and when you got off the lake you were worn out? That feeling is from you body constantly having to adjust your equilibrium all day long to compensate for the motion of the vessel you in. It is the same in a truck and last week was a rough week so I didn't bake anything. I did however buy a pumpkin pie from wally world. It was decent but I can make better.

 At any rate look for a post on pies from the past near or just after thanksgiving.

 TW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.