Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Garden Update

This afternoon I had some time at home due to a meeting and actually had time to work in the garden. I have yet to get the tiller fixed so I turned some soil the old fashioned way, I used a shovel. I sowed four rows of bush beans about ten feet long. Kim planted some Hostas next to the house and the garage, along with some flowers. I started weeding the corn and let me tell you, that is a lot of work. I am having to do most of it on my hands and knees so I wont rip out any more corn plants. Yea, I got two of them as soon as I got started with the hoe. This Friday is payday so I will have the funds to buy some more chicken wire. It seems that the local cottontails are enjoying a corn treat at night. I guess I will use the chicken wire to surround the whole garden until we can get the permanent fence up. I understand that if you are farming and rabbits are eating your crop, they can be considered a varmint and shot. I wonder if that works in town?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.