Saturday, May 9, 2009

Great Garden Find!!

This weekend we got the tomato plants and the peppers planted, along with some flat leaf parsley and some basil. I had to buy some chicken wire and dowel rods to keep the rabbits out of them until I get the real garden fence put in. I just cut chicken wire into little round fences and shoved the dowel rods through them into the ground holding them in place. I see a lot of people around here using buckets or coffee cans with the bottoms cut out of them but I had none of those items. I hope this works because it was getting dark as I finished the last one and was being watched by two huge rabbits in the neighbors yard. I thought that I heard the "Mission Impossible" theme in the background.

Oh yea! The "Great Garden Find"?

We went to an auction at our local auction house and I found this old Tiller. I think it is a "Yardman Earth Bird". I waited all day for them to get to this tiller. I think that it was three items from last. I got it for $40 bucks! I talked to the man that owned it and he said that he used it last year and it ran fine. Me and my dad tried to start it after we got it home but it wouldn't run. I think that it has old gas in it. What a find that was! This will be my little weekend project soon. I think with a little fresh gas and a carb cleanup and a new spark plug, this old bird will be tearing up earth again.
I will get pictures of some of the other stuff we scored later and get some pictures up of our sweet corn that is over four inches tall already. I'm back on the road early this weekend so I doubt that I will have time to post them.
Peace
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think.