Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tiller Work

I didn't get a whole lot done in the house this weekend, we have company so I wasn't in the mood for the whole painting thing. My step son Nick has been here for a week and he is heading back to college this weekend. I did get the gutters cleaned out though. I got four wheel barrows of crap out of them. They were full of dirt, leaves and maple tree saplings. It looked like they hadn't been emptied for a couple of years.

I had time this afternoon to tinker with my tiller a bit. I pulled the gas tank off of it and poured about a quart and a half of really orange gas out of it. It had this sick, sweet smell to it. It seemed like it had been sitting in there for a season or two. I had to clean up the carb a bit and work on the pull starter, but after I got through it started on the second pull! The bearings are going bad in the pull starter and it needs a gasket between the tank and the carb but those are minor. The pull starter shaft is an easy fix if I can find a place around here that has briggs and stratton parts. When I grew up here there were a couple of places that repaired small engines but now I cant find any. I'm sure that after a little research I'll find a place.

No garden update this time, it has rained here more that three times a week lately so I still have not been able to get any seeds planted. I have maple trees sprouting up all over the unplanted section but its too muddy to deal with it. Soon,,,,Soon.....

2 comments:

  1. Too rainy here too to plant much. Hope your weather improves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm a bit worried about the local economy also as most farmers here have yet to get their corn in. Not sure when the deadline is though, I just don't see any going in due to the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.