Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthdays, crochet, and a crime scene.

Today is my son's 20th birthday! Nick will be applying for Pharmacy School this summer at Auburn where he is currently in his sophomore year. I can't express how proud we are of Nick. He is Handsome that is a fact, and he is also hilarious and keeps you laughing, but the best thing about my son is what is on the inside. Nick is one of the most compassionate and kind people I know. Nick and his sister Erica are blessings from God and I can never thank him enough. I need to stop before I start blubbering.













Below is an afghan I made for him using the Auburn colors of orange and blue.






















The Black funny looking thing at the bottom of the photo below is something we offer here at The Crimson Kitchen....our life with a dash of Pepper. That black curly thing is Pepper's tail. She is like a toddler when I am trying to do something. She has to be right in the middle of the action. LOL
























Speaking of Pepper....I have a couple of little stuffed toys that Wendys gave out a couple of summers ago in the kid's meals. The dolls were Peanuts characters. I am a sucker for Snoopy and Woodstock. I walked into the temporary den and found this! That pitiful little yellow thing in the jaws of Pepper is my little Woodstock! I tried to save him.....but as you can see...he lost his feet. Click on Pepper's big black head to see the entire crime scene.























































But the worst thing I found was Snoopy. He is in such bad shape I just can't bring myself to take his picture. I looked around and discovered Charlie Brown was trying to hide. So far, he is safe.














We have gotten a lot done this past week concerning remodeling walls are up, and tomorrow if all goes as planned the wallpaper will be going up. I have planted some flowers I will share later and I was so happy to discovered a large patch of Yelllow Irisis are growing by the front porch. I will get a picture of those to share later as well.


I hope everyone is doing well!


Kim

2 comments:

  1. is that a crochet or knitting pattern and would you be willing to email it to me connie_cassity2000@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.