Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yea! We Got The Garden Tilled!

We finally got the garden tilled. My sister told me weeks ago that she had a tiller but when she told me that it was a "Mantis" I had to look it up on line and see what she had. It was way to small for a garden that had never been tilled before. Long story short, I called the local farm equipment store and found someone with a nice troy-built to do it for $40. It took him the better part of an hour and a half to bust it up good. We are going to sow some seeds tomorrow so stay tuned for something on that. Look at the photo below and picture in your mind a white picket fence around that garden with a gate centered in the foreground. That will be coming in the next couple weeks. Then we will be able to plant tomato plants, peppers and anything else that rabbits might get before the fence goes up.

























Our garden area measures roughly 24 feet by 32 feet.














when we moved here we found a birds nest in the ceiling of the garage. I almost knocked it down but something told me to leave it. That was in the middle of winter, and this weekend we found that we had a tenant. I think it is a barn swallow.

5 comments:

  1. Looks really nice. I love your little tenant too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim & Tim!

    Wow...that's a great garden patch in the making...it's huge! I hope it produces abundantly for you! It's neat to see it progress...it'll be great to see the fence and eventually the sprouts....and ultimately the beautiful produce! I'm sure it will be a very gratifying project!!

    Y'all are working so hard...keep up the good fight, and make sure to leave plenty of fun time in the mix as well...

    Have a great week!!

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Becky S. at Just Bee 'n Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Threecollie,, Thanks, we looked up the bird in the bird book and We still think that it is a barn swallow. It is rust colored on the underside and had an orange beak. I am not ruling out a Cardinal though.

    Becky,,,I raked the gras clumos and clods out of that all day yesterday and got four rows of sweet corn sowed. I feel like I have been run over a truck today. I forgot how much work a big garden is LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job tilling the garden. I'm glad you were encouraged by one of my posts a few days ago. Bless you. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kathi, Its nice to find Christian people on the web that post encouraging stuff for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.