Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Slow going and some crochet

It has been awhile since I checked in. Even though our time working on the house is sporatic since Tim went back on the road it seems I turn around and the week is gone. I painted a chair the same color red as the cabinets and I painted a bookcase I am wanting to use in the dining area of the kitchen. I will take some pictures later on. I was having major withdrawal from not being able to crochet or sew something, so I bought some Peaches and Creme cotton yarn and made some dish towels and dish cloths along with a few face scrubbies.
Crocheting is so relaxing for me and I hate to just sit and "watch" tv, I would much rather enjoy a show or movie or even some Alabama football while I crochet. Just about all my yarn and fabric is in storage. I have a couple of projects packed away that I am eager to finish. One is a fabric yo-yo bedspread and the other is a continuous granny square bed spread made from scrap yarn. I really look forward to sewing with my mother-in-law this summer she is an expert and I can't wait to learn from her.
But for now I must stick to some crochet to keep me sane.
Have a great Tuesday!
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Your crocheting is beautiful. I would love to learn. I just learned to knit a few years back.

    Happy Easter. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do beautiful work! I hope that you have a joyful Easter! Have you visited my daughter-in-law's blog, Brittany @ Sweet Nothings? She married my son in the fall and they purchased a fixer upper last summer and it might be fun for you to see their house. I was over there yesterday and it is so cute! They have really transformed it. You will probably have to check her archives to see the "before" pictures.

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.