Friday, March 20, 2009

The Color Scheme

Here is an update on the work in progress that is our little house. We picked "The Crimson Kitchen" as a blog title for a couple of reasons. No matter where we live, we will always be Alabama Crimson Tide fans. The other reason is that we are painting the kitchen a combination of red apple crimson, White and grey. I don't have anything painted grey yet but here is how the kitchen cabinets are looking.



I have about a good two to three days work left to get the doors and drawers done and I still have to finish the back splash and window trim. We are getting there a little at a time. The red will continue onto the walls throughout the kitchen and dinning room. There will be bead board painted grey with a gloss white chair rail on top of that. A white baseboard, and the red will be above the chair rail painted on some embossed wallpaper. I think we are also going to put some white crown molding at the top. Last we are going to paint the insides of the cabinets and drawers the same grey that will be on the walls. topping all of this off will be a grey speckled counter top. We can't wait to get the kitchen and dinning room done as we are tired of doing dishes in a bathroom sink.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tim and Kim!

    I found your blog through a comment you left over at Rose of Sharon's I think...I saw that you were remodeling, and since I have been and still am hip deep in doing the same thing with our little place, I thought I would stop by. I've bookmarked you and will follow with joy your progress! I LOVE what you've done so far in the kitchen...the red is fabulous! Can't wait to see more. Your garden sounds wonderful...it'll be great to watch that materialize...

    Lord's best to you in all you put your hand to do! So glad to have found you!

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Becky S. at Just Bee 'n Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice of you to stop by our little piece of heaven. We have big plans for such a small house and we are chomping at the bit to get it all done. God is teaching us patience as we progress ever so slowly. Stop by anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think.